CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Refrigerator Homemade Grow Boxes/Earthboxes....

Well, we are trying something new this year. We are trying out to old Refrigerators for a grow box or raised bed. I know they don't look very pretty, but they were free and I am going to put some kind of wood around it to make it look better. Now these pictures show them far from done. We (my mom and I) gutted the refrigerators and moved them to were we wanted them moved. My mom put holes in the bottom of them (one of the pictures shows this). Now, we will add shredded paper to the bottom and my soil (I will take pictures), it could take a couple of weeks to get this done!


2 comments:

Wilderness Mama said...

What an awesome idea! Too bad we just got rid of an old freezer recently!

nikki101076 said...

Just thinking on this but my hubby would love to put holes in this.He loves to use his guns to help make holes! LOL!

Hopefully I can take pics of my earth boxes which will be coming really soon since I already have plants popping up.

I hope these work out for you.Keep us updated so we know what's going on.