CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Frugal Gardening Award

Hello, and welcome to my blog!!!! Just pass it on to 3 or more of your friends or favorite blogs and copy the code to your blog, so it gets linked back to here. Have fun with the Frugal Gardening Award! Please leave me a comment if you want and tell me about what you are planning for your garden this year!


Frugal Gardening Award
Kids Eat Free




My garden plan for 2009: I have already gotten 160 onions in the ground and about that many garlic. I have a hand full of elephant ear garlic planted as well. I have 9 broccoli plants and some red lettuce planted as well. I also a roll of snow peas planted (and some are coming up). I am going to plant more snow peas as soon as I get the area ready (if it doesn't get to warm first). I am planting about 40 tomato plants and about 30 different pepper plants. I will be planting them in buckets. Then I have numerous squash, okra, and beans to plant. (I will take lots of pictures.) Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

2 comments:

Wilderness Mama said...

How fun! Thanks, Mandie! I'll pass it on to others and maybe we can all get great frugal gardening tips from each other!

Michelle said...

Holy Moly! Your garden must be huge!!!!

I work with one bed that is 7ft x 17ft and 3 raised beds that are approximately 3.5 ft x 8ft.

This year I planted:
5 tomato plants, 2 strawberry plants, 4 cilantro, 4 parsley, 2 dozen garlic, 4 bush beans, 2 dozen onions 5 green peppers, 3 rows of corn, 6 cantaloupe plants, 6 cucumber plants and 2 zucchini.

You are truly inspirational.