CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One more side note on the Earthboxes....

My mom and I have grown (several times) Tomatoes in Buckets. We fill a bucket with soil and put a tomato in it. We put a tomato cage in the bucket and we water it, lol. The bucket has one hole in the bottom of it and that is all, actually the hole is in the side near the bottom. We always had tomatoes out the bootie. We have done Peppers this way too. I know a place were we can buy lots of buckets and cheap too. They are only around 1.25 and 1.45 (with lids). Let me know if anyone wants to try this and I will lead you to the buckets. I promise it works, and you don't have to spend a lot of time drilling holes and so on. Dang, wish I had a picture.

2 comments:

nikki101076 said...

What size of buckets?I may be interested in more than just using them for gardening.

Mandie said...

They are 5 gallon size and they are nice. They are also food grade, we store food in them and they stack really nicely!