CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Earthquake, our alarm clock.....



This morning we were awoken by an earthquake. I thought something had fallen on my house. I heard a loud noise and the walls kind of moved. I yelled at the kids and made sure they were okay (because I didn't know if something had fallen on them, didn't know what it was). And, Elizabeth came in and asked about the noise. I went to the front door and opened it, all my neighbors were outside, looking for reason. I asked one of them and they thought it may have been an explosion. Well, since I was still trying to wake up, I went inside and just told Elizabeth to turn on the news. Sure enough it was an earthquake. Not a big one, but sure noticeable. Heck, it woke my kids up, lol. My second earthquake that I felt and the kids first one. Kind of neat, but scary. It was a good chance to learn about earthquakes. This one happened at 8:06 a.m., and the epicenter (the point of the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake) was 3.1 miles below ground level near SE 15 and S Bryant Avenue, according to a report on the USGS Web site (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2009dyaq.php). I was reading that there is usually fewer than 5 earthquakes felt by us in Oklahoma a year. This is March and we have already had at least 5 that were felt......(interesting and scary to think about, well kind of).

2 comments:

nikki101076 said...

Yes,Britt felt an earthquake the other day.She said it was neat.She was outside when it happened and she ran in to tell her dad.Well they turned on the news and whaddya know it was an earthquake.Don't remember what it was on the scale but she said it was pretty noticeable and even the horse reacted.Guess I should have looked it up and blogged about it too.

Chrysinda said...

Matt 24 3-8
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.